Root River State Bank
18 SE 3rd St.
P.O. Box 517
Chatfield, MN 55923
Reorder checks from Deluxe and check the status of existing orders
A Stolen Identity
Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the country. The stealing of someone's identity to obtain credit or money can go undetected for months or even years.
Identity Theft Prevention Tips
- Photocopy the contents of your wallet, copying both sides of each credit card.
- Keep these photocopies and account numbers at home in a safe and secure place.
- Do not give personal information over the telephone, through the mail or over the Internet unless you have initiated the contact.
- Shred or burn documents and pre-approved credit applications received in your name.
- Never use your mother's maiden name, your date of birth or the last four digits of your social security number as your password.
- Do not carry your social security card, birth certificate or passport unless necessary.
- Do not print your social security or driver's license number on your checks.
- Order your credit report at least twice a year.
Reports can be obtained from a local credit reporting agency or from:
Equifax (800) 685-1111
Trans Union (800) 680-7293
If you're a victim of identity theft..
- Report it to the local police.
- Contact your banks and credit card companies immediately. Close any accounts that may be associated with this information. Ask the banks and creditors to process your old accounts as "Account closed at Customer's request".
- Keep a record of your contacts.
- Complete an identity theft affidavit. You can use this to alert businesses where unauthorized accounts were opened in your name. Download this affidavit form at:
Christmas Eve: Closing at 1:00 PM
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year's Eve Day: Open normal hours
New Year's Day: Closed