Consumer Safety Tips
To enjoy the many conveniences of using an electronic banking, you should make ATM/Check Card Safety a priority. Here are some safety tips:
- Report a lost or stolen card at once.
- Do not tell share your PIN (personal identification number) with anyone. No one needs to know this information including your financial institution.
- Review your account statements carefully.
- Protect your card’s magnetic stripe. If exposed to other magnetic surfaces, it can deactivate your card’s stripe.
- Never give out your card information to an unsolicited or unexpected email.
- Make sure your internet sites used for shopping are secure.
- Observe your surroundings when attempting to use an ATM and make sure no one is around that looks suspicious.
- If others are around, block the ATM to prevent others from seeing the PIN you are entering.
- If the ATM you wish to use is located in a poorly lit area, go to another ATM.
- Never allow anyone to assist you in entering your PIN number.